- For the term "munchkin" used to describe an RPG playing style, see Munchkin (role-playing games).
The Munchkin Roleplaying Game is a fantasy role-playing game, designed by Andrew Hackard and Steve Jackson and published by Steve Jackson Games. It adapts the Munchkin card game to the D20 system. As with the card game, the game encourages "munchkiny" behavior with outrageous items and monsters.
Template:Main The Munchkin Roleplaying Game is based on the D20 system but adds new classes, races, monsters, and items to give it a more "munchkiny" feel.
The Munchkin Roleplaying Game was released with three core books, mirroring the core books of the third edition of Dungeons & Dragons: the Munchkin Player's Handbook, Munchkin Master's Guide, and Munchkin Monster Manual. A Munchkin Master's Screen was also releasedTemplate:Vague. Later a supplement to the Munchkin Monster Manual called Munchkin Monster Manual 2.5 was released, parodying the name of 3.5 revision of Dungeons & Dragons.
Munchkin Roleplaying Game is currently out of print.
The Star Munchkin Roleplaying Game was the game's single spin-off. Similar to how the Munchkin Roleplaying Game was based on the Munchkin card game, the Star Munchkin Roleplaying Game was based on the Munchkin spin-off Star Munchkin.
- Andrew Hackard and Steve Jackson. Munchkin Player's Handbook.
- Andrew Hackard and Steve Jackson. Munchkin Master's Guide.
- John W. Mangrum. Munchkin Monster Manual.
- Andrew Hackard. Munchkin Master's Screen.
- John W. Mangrum. Munchkin Monster Manual 2.5
- John W. Mangrum. Star Munchkin Roleplaying Game